Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Significance vs. Success

I am tired and weary after a long game with Pst Lia, the female staff and leaders - CAPTAINS BALL.
I am resting, trying to breathe in as much oxygen as I can before I head for a wonderful shower.
Church is so amazing! There's a time to play, to have fun and there's also a time to work, work and work.
If you are a staff on board, let me tell you - this is a privilege.
Thank you Pastors (:

Last night, while I was on my way home in a cab, along the road of Eunos... I thought of Pst Lia <3 She's the most amazing woman in my life, my greatest blessing. As much as I am not a perfect person, I am doing my best to live my life to its fullest. It's my dream to be a little Pastor Lia, in whatever ways I can be. Worship leading, discipleship, in heart, the love for young children, seeing much life and vision in their eyes when these young ones were soaked in the presence of God...and the list goes on. Not to mention, Pst Lia's motherly love and compassion for people.
Immediately, I text Pst Lia and told her that she's my greatest blessing!!!

Whenever I see my Pastor, I see how much more love I need to have in myself for others. Last week, Pastor Lia preached a super duper powerful sermon on Significance and Success. So many stuffs came rushing into my mind. Comparing failure and success, naturally, I would choose success. The feeling of being on top of what I am doing feels tremendously great. The feeling of playing our very best on the worship team and having a power pact service is unexplainable. The adrenaline that rushes to your brain...wooohooo. However, to me, I will choose significance above success. I want to be significant in the things I do. Being a blessing to others, and not just achieving what I want to achieve. When I'm worship leading or playing the guitar on the team, the 'something' I'm constantly looking forward to is not the success of a great, skilled team...but as a team, we can be do what we do to bless others, ushering the presence of God into our place and at the end, people will say this... "Wow, today was such a powerful service, I was so touched by the presence of God that I could not stop tearing because the joy of the Lord seems to come in waves...pouring over me.." Let's be significant to others. This is by Phil Pringle...enjoy!

Possibly the greatest ability all of us have is giving significance to others.

One small spark of recognition can ignite a flame of creativity and drive that releases a person into a collision with destiny.

When you meet someone, anyone, include the 'wow' factor.

Be amazed at their life.

Notice their accomplishments with praise.

Tell others how incredible they are.

Thank them for helping you.

Ask them how they do what they do.

Let them teach you something.

We may have just one chance to change a person's life.

Don't miss your chance today.


Signing off...Joanne



No comments:

account login